Thursday, February 19, 2009

sketchbook #34


I found this picture of Caroline Kennedy as a child, I guess I am too young to know how cute she was as a child. Very interesting eyes.

One, in my opinion very important, art tip is learning how to throw away what you've done and being confident that you can do it again. A lot of artists are way too hesitant to start over if they think something is pretty good already but maybe one portion is off. Don't be afraid to erase it and start over. These drawings are usually the second or third attempt, consider it as 3x the practice.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip! Good to see not everyone gets it the 1st time. Thanks.

Adrian Lubbers said...

I agree. I think too many artists out there think you need to get it the first time, but that's so difficult. I would love to see some of the "preliminary" drawings people do just to see that we all make mistakes.

Unknown said...

That's a great tip! I always feel better when I realize even good artists have to do things more than once to get them right.

SEILER said...

Great advise and GREAT drawing!

. said...

Nice sketch!

Manoj Sinha said...

I agree with you. My art teacher was alway saying don't love your draings keep doing and doing.

Kevin Keele said...

Very good advice, I need to be better at this. Nice sketch, BTW.

Renan Leema said...

Thank's for answer my comment visiting my blog!! it's fantastic!!

Your job is wonder!!

congratulations!!!

See you!!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree, it's a good advice.
Degas once said that one should paint the stove one hundred times.

Nico Di Mattia said...

Excellent sketch!!

Jala Pfaff said...

I agree.

This is great.

Beautiful kid you have, by the way!
I'm adding you to my blogroll.